Why Do Air Ducts Need To Be Cleaned
Is it really necessary to clean air ducts? Short answer: Yes.
You’ll always find dust and dirt particles in your air duct. But, that doesn’t mean that you do not clean up the duct for a decade. It is very important to clean up the duct from time to time and remove all the unnecessary pollutants present in your air ducts.
“Prevention is better than cure” is what the experts say. Cleaning would not only help in effectively reducing any allergies and illnesses, but will also increase and augment the efficiency of HVAC systems.
When To Clean Your Air Ducts?
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends you clean air ducts every 3 to 5 years. You should go to choose Air Duct Cleaning services if you have seen any of the following circumstances that include –
- You can see the dust when air is released through existing vents
- You have seen that mold is present in air ducts
- You have noticed vermin infestation somewhere in the home
- You are sick for prolonged periods of time and don’t know why
Benefits of Cleaning Air Ducts
- Indoor Air Quality : Indoor Air Quality is a major concern. In a home of six rooms it is calculated that 40 pounds of dust is created annually on an average basis. Through help of heating and cooling system.
- Energy Savings : According to a report from the U.S. Department of Energy, around 25-40 percent of energy used for temperature control (cooling or heating) is wasted.
When Air Ducts are cleaned and HVAC systems are upgraded, less energy will be used which will be lead to cost effectiveness.
Need help? Have questions? Call Quality Cleaning Solutions at 316-312-4404