How Does Dryer Vent Cleaning Work
A dryer vent removes water or moisture and lint from clothing and transports it through the vent to outside of the house.
In order to clean the dryer vents, you’ll need to use a special lint brush and an extendable handle or snake nozzle to get up inside the pipes.
Do not attempt to clean the vents using a home hair dryer or self-made tool
Facts about home clothes dryer fires from the FEMA Government Website…
- 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
- Failure to clean the dryer (34 percent) is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires.
How To Tell When It Is Time To Clean Your Dryer Vent
- When the dry times are taking much longer than normal, double or triple
- When the dryer feels hotter than normal
- If it smells like it is burning
- When there is lint piling up behind the dryer or in the air
How Much Does It Cost To Clean Your Own Dryer Vents?
Well, a dryer vent cleaning kit can be found online at Amazon for around $20 for a low quality set or up to $60+ for a high quality cleaning set. If you have the spare time, don’t mind the shipping fee or the cost of the kit and don’t mind getting dirty, you can use a kit to clean your own dryer vents.